The Western Development Museum recently opend a new exhibit featuring Canora's Professor N.P. Lew'chuk. Originally from the Ukraine, Nicholas Lew'chuk and his family arrived in Saskatchewan in 1902. During his teen years a magic show captured his attention and he set out to become a master magician. His show "Lew'chuk the Magician" debuted in 1918. Over the years the show became more than just magic--featuring drama, pantomime, hypnosis, song and dance. The show visited towns large and small across the prairies. By the 1940s the show was a travelling midway featuring wild animals,"freaks of nature" rides & even a flying saucer designed by the Professor himself. Once his travels were over Lew'chuk opened the "Fun Spot" amusement park next to his home in Canora. Lesia, the Ukrainian woman that welcomes visitors to Canora was designed by the Professor and his son Orest.