Yorkton Council approved a resolution at its regular meeting Monday conforming the city meets the eligibility requirements to receive the Municipal Revenue Sharing Grant.
The Ministry of Government Relations annually provides funding to the City in the form of a revenue sharing grant. This grant is a portion of the PST collected by the Province and is distributed to cities based on population, explained Amber Matechuk, City Controller with the City at the regular meeting of Council Monday.
New in 2020, the Ministry implemented an annual eligibility filing requirement for municipalities in order to receive future revenue sharing grants, said Matechuk. The Ministry now requires a resolution of council confirming the eligibility declaration.
The requirements include;
* Submission of the 2019 Audited Financial Statement to the Ministry of Government Relations;
* Submission of the 2019 Public Reporting on Municipal Waterworks to the Ministry of Government Relations;
* In Good Standing with respect to the reporting and remittance of Education Property Taxes;
* Adoption of a Council Procedures Bylaw;
* Adoption of an Employee Code of Conduct; and
* All members of council have filed and annually updated their Public Disclosure Statements, as required.