Val Sluth was inducted as the 2019-2020 Chair of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce (SCC) at the SCC’s Annual Conference on Business in Regina this week. Ms. Sluth will lead the Chamber in its mandate to serve as the “Voice of Business” in Saskatchewan.
Val is the founder and CEO of Praxis Consulting Ltd. Over the past sixteen years, she has grown Praxis to become a fixture in Saskatchewan’s business community providing advisory services to many of Saskatchewan’s leading organizations.
Val also continues her consulting work in the areas of strategy, organizational effectiveness and governance, and is an active advocate for women in business.
Val is a recognized leader in her profession having received the Fellow designation of the Certified Management Consultant Institute and serving 8 years as CMC Canada’s Lead Trustee to represent Canada on the international board governing the profession. She is now an international evaluator of management consulting institutes around the globe.
She is also a recognized YWCA “Woman of Distinction” in the category of Entrepreneurship and she was appointed the RBC Woman Executive in Residence at the University of Regina Hill and Levene Schools of Business in 2018. The new slate of Directors for 2019-2020 includes:
- Clayton Veresh, Immediate Past Chair, MNP, Regina
- Monica Kreuger, 1st Vice Chair, Global Infobrokers, Saskatoon
- Thomas Benjoe, 2nd Vice Chair, FHQ Developments, Regina
- Evan Doepker, Doepker Industries, Annaheim
- Khurrum Awan, Miller Thomson LLP, Regina
- Mary Weimer, Conexus Credit Union, Regina
- Greg McIntyre, RBC, Moose Jaw
- Jenna Moore, Central Plains Co-op, Rosetown
- Sara Wheelwright, S & E Trusted Online Services, Saskatoon
- Karen Swager, The Mosaic Company, Regina
- Bruce Willis, KPMG, Regina
- Marco Ricci, Greenwave Innovations, Regina
The Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce is a member-based advocacy organization that represents over 10,000 individual businesses, industry associations, and local Chambers across the province through the Chamber Network.