There is currently a severe thunderstorm watch in Eastern Saskatchewn. Areas under the watch include:
- R.M. of Calder including Calder and Wroxton
- R.M. of Cana including Melville
- R.M. of Churchbridge including Churchbridge and MacNutt
- R.M. of Fertile Belt including Esterhazy Stockholm and Bangor
- R.M. of Garry including Jedburgh
- R.M. of Grayson including Grayson Dubuc and Killaly
- R.M. of Langenburg including Langenburg Yarbo and Marchwell
- R.M. of McLeod including Lemberg and Neudorf
- R.M. of Orkney including Yorkton Springside and Ebenezer
- R.M. of Saltcoats including Saltcoats and Bredenbury
- R.M. of Spy Hill including Spy Hill Gerald and Tantallon
- R.M. of Stanley including Goodeve Fenwood and Duff
- R.M. of Wallace including Rhein Stornoway Tonkin and Rokeby
According to Environment Canada, Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
A trough of low pressure tracking across southern Saskatchewan is triggering scattered thunderstorms this evening. Some of these thunderstorms are likely to reach severe thresholds.
Portions of this severe thunderstorm watch may be upgraded to a tornado watch as the evening progresses and conditions are monitored.
© Copyright Yorkton This Week