From July 16 to 19, 2019, the Saskatchewan RCMP Crime Reduction Team (CRT) deployed to the Onion Lake RCMP area.
The CRT assists detachments by focussing on capturing prolific offenders, repeat offenders and gang members as well as on addressing any other issues the detachment area may face.
On July 18, 2019, officers from the Saskatchewan RCMP CRT and Onion Lake RCMP noticed several individuals outside a residence in the community of Onion Lake. The officers attended the residence to inquire about an individual who was wanted by police on numerous warrants relating to crimes against the person and firearm offences. The people present denied having any knowledge of the individual’s whereabouts.
While searching the area, officers located a male matching the description of the individual hiding in tall grasses. The individual, a 35-year-old male, was arrested. During the arrest, cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine and a quantity of Canadian currencies were seized.
As a result, Philip Scott Heathen (1983-08-02) was charged with the following:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine,
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine,
· Obstruction - False Name,
· Bring Firearm to Public Meeting,
· Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm,
· Assault with a Weapon,
· Fail to Comply with Undertaking,
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime,
· Breach Recognizance,
· Escaping lawful custody,
· Assault of a peace officer,
· Resisting arrest.
Philip Scott Heathen will make his next court appearance on July 22, 2019, at the Lloydminster Provincial Court.