The Board of Education of the Good Spirit School Division held their Organizational Meeting during their Regular Board Meeting via video conference on Thursday, Nov. 19.
At the meeting, the Board elected the chair and vice-chair as well as various subcommittee members for the upcoming year.
Bob Simpson was re-elected as chairperson with Jaime Johnson re-elected to the position of vice-chairperson. Simpson and Johnson are joined by eight returning board members and one new board member.
The Board of Education is comprised of:
• Jaime Johnson (Subdivision #1 – Kamsack/Norquay and area);
• Christopher Balyski (Subdivision #2 - Preeceville/Sturgis and area); • Shannon Leson (Subdivision #3 - Canora/Invermay and area);
• Nicole Pohl (Subdivision #4 – Springside/Yorkdale Rural and area);
• Lois Smandych (Subdivision #5 - Churchbridge/Langenburg/Saltcoats and area)
• Bob Simpson (Subdivision #6 – Grayson/Melville and area);
• Jade Anderson (Subdivision #7 - Esterhazy/Stockholm and area);
• Gilda Dokuchie (Subdivision #8 - Key First Nation Reserve No. 65); and,
• Gordon Gendur, Jan Morrison and Steve Variyan (Yorkton-At-Large).
Regularly scheduled meetings will be held at the Good Spirit Education Complex in the RM of Orkney or via video conference at 10 am as per the following schedule:
• December 17, 2020
• January 28, 2021
• March 4, 2021
• April 1, 2021
• May 6, 2021
• June 17, 2021
• August 19, 2021